Posted on December 16, 2016
Mordheim : City of the Damned Waiting Game
After spending over an hour in the first two – of twelve – tutorials, I tried my hand at the first randomly generated fetch quest which started off my campaign. A bit put off by this bizarre and meaningless start of my adventure, I managed to not die and fetch some of the required McGuffins before the opposing party gave up halfway.
Based on that little bit of gameplay, here’s my two cents on whether you should take a sluggish leap of faith yourself…
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF
- You love Warhammer. Obviously. The lore is there, and the Skaven – the local rat people – are a sight to behold.
- You are a sucker for dread and discord. The intro movie shows us the most hideous things man can think of, and you know whichever campaign you play, sunshine and rainbows will not be a part of it.
- You are a smoker, a drinker, or anything else that can keep you busy inbetween loading and waiting times.
TOTALLY NOT RECOMMENDED IF
- You can’t decide between leading the red humans, the white humans, the yellow humans, the purple humans, THE SKAVEN, or the undead. Who were once humans.
- Your brain switches off while you stare at a virtual wall, waiting for off-screen enemies to finish their tea party or whatever.
Only for the hardcore and/or patient gamers out there. Recent updates and patches extended this game’s life expectancy and decreased loading times, so if you’re willing to learn, be sure to check out the full package.
Call me a heretic, but I’m going to skip the rest and just go and try Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide later on. Stay tuned.